In this lesson you will:
- #1 “I Like Singin'” – sing and play along to (review)
- #5 “Missus Tong” – listen and learn the song. To review high/low, loud/quiet, fast/slow
- #6 “Plainsies Clapsies” – learn to sing and play the game, name the solfa notes in the song
- #4 “I’m Glad I’m Back at School” – review the song
- I can sing and move to music.
- I can read rhythms and solfa notes.
- I can perform high/low, loud/quiet, fast/slow in a song.
1 Review the Song "I Like Singin'" and Sing the Echo Parts
Listen to the song "I Like Singin'" and sing the echo parts.
2 Make a Homemade Kazoo and Play Along with "I Like Singin'"
Make a homemade kazoo and play along with "I Like Singin'."
To make a home-made kazoo you will need:
- a piece of wax paper or parchment paper 6"x6" or 16cm x16cm
- an elastic band
- an empty toilet paper roll
Play the song "I Like Singin'" again and play along!
3 Listen to the Note Highlights for the Song "Missus Tong"
Listen to the note highlights for the song "Missus Tong."
4 Listen to the Song "Missus Tong" and Make a List of the Ways the Song Changes
Listen to the song "Missus Tong" and make a list of the ways the song changes.
(It went fast, slow, loud, quiet, high and low)
Play the song again and sing along!
5 Listen to the Note Highlights Video for "Plainsies Clapsies"
Listen to the note highlights video for "Plainsies Clapsies."
Play it again and sing along.
6 Watch the Kids Demo for the Game "Plainsies Clapsies"
Watch the kids demo for the game "Plainsies Clapsies."
Find something to use as a beanbag so you can play the game.
A pair of rolled up socks will work well.
Try the game!
7 Can You Name the Solfa Notes in the Song "Plainsies Clapsies"?
Can you name the solfa notes in the song "Plainsies Clapsies"?
8 Is it One Sound or Two? Can You Figure Out the Rhythm in the Song "Plainsies Clapsies"?
Is it one sound or two?
Can you figure out the rhythm in the song "Plainsies Clapsies"?
9 Review the Song "I'm Glad I'm Back at School"
Review the song "I'm Glad I'm Back at School."
Do you remember the form of the song?
This song is ABA form!
Online Resources for Elementary Music Teachers