In this lesson, you will:
- clap or play along with triplet rhythms
- review the “March from the Nutcracker” and watch a performance of it under black lights
- #42 “Christmas Shopping Blues” – learn the song and about the blues
- complete a worksheet about the 12 bar blues
- play 12 bar blues on Boomwhackers or barred instruments
- I can play triplet rhythm patterns.
- I can describe the 12 bar blues.
- I can sing and move to music.
1 Clap or Play Triplet Rhythms
Clap or play triplet rhythms.
2 Desk Drum or Bucket Drum with the March from the Nutcracker
Desk drum or bucket drum with the March from the Nutcracker.
3 Watch a Black Light Performance of March from the Nutcracker
Watch a black light performance of March from the Nutcracker.
4 Learn to Sing Song #42 "Christmas Shopping Blues"
Learn to sing song #42 "Christmas Shopping Blues".
Pause the video at the end of a line and sing it back.
Play the video again, and sing along.
5 Create Movement to go With the Song, "Christmas Shopping Blues"
Create movement to go with the song, "Christmas Shopping Blues".
You can watch the kids in the video for ideas.
6 Learn About The 12 Bar Blues
Learn about the 12 Bar Blues.
7 Optional: Complete a Worksheet About the 12 Bar Blues
Optional: Complete a worksheet about the 12 bar blues.
If you are in-person and have Boomwhackers, play the root of the chords on Boomwhackers. (or barred instruments).
Teach the chords used, and try playing along with the song.
Online Resources for Elementary Music Teachers