In this lesson you will
- echo sing, “Welcome to Music”
- sing the song, “Poor Little Bug on the Wall” and play instruments at the end of every phrase (to sound like a flyswatter)
- sing the song, “I Can Sing a High Note”
- play the High-Low game
- listen to “Long Eared Persons” and move to show high/low
- do mirror movement to “Grave”
- learn the song “Bounce High” and figure out how many sounds are on each beat.
- sing along with our closing song, “The Music Time is Over”
- I can sing and move to music.
- I can sing and move to show high and low.
1 Sing the Echoes in "Welcome to Music"
Sing the echoes in "Welcome to Music".
2 Sing and Play With the Song, "Poor Little Bug on the Wall"
Have you ever used a fly swatter?
When you sing "Poor Little Bug on the Wall" at the end of each line of the song, pretend to swat a fly. You could hit your hand on a desk, or maybe you could use an instrument to play "Hit! Hit!"
Sing and play along with, "Poor Little Bug on the Wall"
3 Listen and Sing the Song "I Can Sing a High Note"
Listen to the song "I Can Sing a High Note".
Play the video again, and sing along.
4 Sing and Move to the High and Low Song
Can you show with arm movements how the sounds go higher and lower?
Watch the kids demo and copy what they do.
5 Play the High Low Game
Play the High Low Game.
It's #13 in the list of games, so scroll down to find it.
This game works better on a computer or chrome book than on an iPad.
(we're working to fix it!)
6 Move to Show High and Low
Move to show high and low. Move with arms or with a scarf.
7 Find a Scarf and Copy the Movements in the Demo
Find a scarf and copy the movements in the demo.
Could you hear when the music high and when it was low?
8 Copy the Mirror Movement in "Grave"
Copy the mirror movement in "Grave".
Is this music fast or slow?
What are some instruments you hear?
9 Follow the Note Highlights to Learn the Song "Bounce High"
Follow the note highlights to learn the song, "Bounce High".
Play it again, and sing along.
10 Watch How the Kids Play "Bounce High" With a Ball
Watch how the kids play "Bounce High" with a ball.
Do you have a ball at your house?
Trying singing the song and bouncing your ball.
11 How Many Sounds Are There In a Beat?
How many sounds are there on a beat?
Try the next exercises if you like.
12 Sing the Echoes in "The Music Time is Over"
Sing the echoes in "The Music Time is Over".
Online Resources for Elementary Music Teachers