In this lesson, you will:
- #1 “Dooby Doo” – sing and move to our warmup song
- #2 “Mountaintop Monster” – use high and low voices
- play a snail game and show how notes go higher and lower
- find things at home to use for instruments
- #3 “Little Red Wagon” – play instruments with the song
- #6 “The Music Time is Over” – echo sing
- I can sing and move to music.
- I can show how sounds go high and low.
- I can echo rhythm and melody patterns.
1 Sing the echoes in our warmup song "Dooby Doo"
Sing the echoes in our warmup song "Dooby Doo".
Copy the movements in the video.
2 Sing the echoes and do the movements to "Mountaintop Monster"
Sing the echoes and do the movements to "Mountaintop Monster".
3 Echo sing the game song "Snail Snail"
Echo sing the game song "Snail Snail".
4 Sing the song "Snail Snail"
Sing the song "Snail Snail".
5 Watch how kids in school play the game "Snail Snail"
Watch how kids in school play the game "Snail Snail".
If you have 7 or 8 people in your house, you could play the game.
If not, find some playdough, and we'll play the game with playdough.
6 How to Play "Snail Snail" game at home with playdough
Watch how the game can be played with playdough.
If you have playdough at home, play the game this way.
If you don't have playdough, draw and cut out a snail.
Then draw a path for the snail, and put 8 rocks on the path.
Sing the snail song and play the game.
7 Use your snail to show how the notes in the song go higher and lower
Did you make a playdough snail?
Or did you draw a snail?
Use your snail to show how the notes in the song go higher and lower.
8 Point to the "Snail Snail" pointing page as you sing
Print and color the pointing page.
Make your own pointing page.
Draw 8 hearts on the paper and draw snails under them
1. Point to the hearts as you sing. (the beat)
2. Point to the snails as you sing. The snails show how the melody goes higher and lower.
9 Sing the echoes in our closing song "The Music Time is Over"
Sing the echoes in our closing song "The Music Time is Over".
Online Resources for Elementary Music Teachers