1 Listen and echo rhythms during Welcome to Music
Echo rhythms while you play the recording.
Flashcards to echo are found in supporting resources.
Welcome to music – play recording, but clap echo rhythm patterns while you listen
#55 “Love Grows Under” – do hand jive to the song
#56 “Gitsigakomim” – create accompany with unpitched, learn about Blackfoot
#57 “I Sent a Valentine” – play game (adapt)
review: #53 “Haul on the Bowlin’”
Learn to sing the song.
Listen to a verse and chorus.
Then play the video again and sing along.
- read the slide with the students
-listen to a line of the song, then sing it back
- play the video again and sing along
Zoom or in-person:
- choose non-pitched instruments (or find instruments at home)
to play along with the song.
- watch the kids demo to see a stick game created by a class
Zoom or in-person: create stick patterns to accompany the song. (but don't pass!). You can use some of these ideas or create a brand new pattern.
- listen to the song
- play the video again and sing the song (on Zoom)
This is a chase game.
Adapt for Zoom or in-person: - choose two students who stand up
- sing the song (or in-person play the recording)
- give the 2 students a challenge. eg. 10 jumping jacks, touch toes and reach up 5 times, jump 20 times, 10 squats
- when they've completed the challenge they sit down.
- the first one finished is the winner.
In-person: If you can go outside, play this as a race game.
Sing the song, then race to a designated finish line.
Review the song, "Haul on the bowlin' the bowlin' haul"
Choose soloists (or teacher) to sing the call and all sing the response.
Create movements to accompany the song.