Grade 2 Lesson 31 updated
In this lesson, you will:
Rhythm Play along #6-2
#81 “Oh My Aunt Came Back”. – echo, do movements
Echo sing d m s
#82 “Johnny One Hammer” – read, sing, do movements, interactive, create
Listen 2 #3 “Gigue” by Handel – ribbons/scarves, composer
- I can sing and move to music
- I can read and perform rhythms and melodies
- I can compose rhythms and melodies
- I can respond to music through movement
2 Play Poison Rhythm
Play Poison Rhythm.
You'll practice the rhythms that you'll use in the song, "Johnny One Hammer."
4 Read the Words for the Song, "Oh, My Aunt Came Back."
Read the Words for the Song, "Oh, My Aunt Came Back."
6 Sing and do the actions for the song, "Oh, My Aunt Came Back"
Watch the kids demo video. Sing along.
Sing and do the actions for the song, "Oh, My Aunt Came Back"
14 Create a new melody using do mi so
- the link below takes you to the original melody composition tool
- there is a NEW and improved melody composition tool in Beta
- this would be a great time to try it!
15 Move with ribbons or scarves to "Gigue" by Handel
- copy the movements that are shown
- play the music again, and invite the students to create their own movements