1 Sing the Hello Song
- sing the echoes in the first part of the Hello song
- fill in the blanks with student names
In this lesson, you will
Read the words and the translation.
- copy the movements, modifying as needed
- if in person and not permitted to have a partner, modify that section
- ideas for modifying might be to circle around your desk
- at home, use a stuffed animal for a partner
Play Poison Melody with drm sl patterns.
The poison pattern will be sung.
Echo all the patterns, except the poison pattern.
Learn the song, "Who's That?"
1. read the rhythms
2. if you know the solfa notes, sing it in solfa
- or -
3. play a line and have the students sing it back
Watch the class play the game "Who's That?".
Adapt the game as needed:
Virtual: Choose 2 guessers who cover eyes. Then choose two soloists who unmute.
All sing, but only the soloists sing "Mommy's tapping at the window" and "Daddy's knocking on the door."
The guessers try to guess
In-person: if not allowed to sing, have the soloists clap the rhythm of the words while you play the recording. Then, the guessers have to guess who clapped rhythm 1 and who clapped rhythm 2.
Read the words for the song, "Mom, You're the Best!".
Learn the melody for the song, "Mom, You're the Best!".
The singer will sing a phrase. Then you sing!
Make a card for Mother's Day.
If you have a printer, download the printable card with the words to the song.
Save Paper! If you don't have a printer or don't want to print the card, make your own Mother's Day card.
Parents, Teachers and Administration:
Music education is important for children.
Whether in class or at home, keep our children singing, playing, moving, listening and creating music!