Grade 4 Lesson 36 (updated 2021)
In this lesson, you will:
- Play Poison Rhythm 3/4
- Listen 4 #22 – “Contradance”, Mozart
- Dynamics game on Trivia Wheel
- Orchestra Bingo
- #94 My Hat – actions
- #95 “Camping Song” – read lyrics, listen and sing along
- – create a new verse
- review #51 “We’re on the Upward Trail”
- I can create a new verse for a song.
- I can read, perform and define dynamics in msuic
- I can identify instruments of the orchestra
1 Poison Rhythm 3/4
- echo every rhythm but the poison rhythm
2 Play along with “Contradance”, by Mozart
- choose body percussion or instruments and play along
3 Play the Dynamics game on Trivia Wheel
- divide the class into 2 teams to play
5 CAMPFIRE SONGS!
This week we’ll sing some songs that you could sing around the campfire or on a car trip.
6 learn #94 “My Hat”
- listen to the song
- play the video again and sing along
7 Watch #94 “My Hat” Kids demo
- watch the kids demo and try the movements with them
- play the video again and do all the movements
8 Read the Lyrics to "Camping Song"
Read the lyrics to "Camping Song."
9 Listen to the video for "Camping Song"
Listen to one verse of the "Camping Song" .
Play the video again and sing along!
10 Create a Verse for the Camping Song
Create a verse for the camping song.
Use the worksheet or save ink and printer paper and use your own paper!
11 Review or learn the song "We're on the Upward Trail"
Listen to the first part of the song.
Play the video again, and sing along.
Online Resources for Elementary Music Teachers