1 Echo sing "Welcome to School"
Sing the echoes in the song
In this lesson you will
Sing “Welcome to School”
review: 20. I am a Pizza (vocal warmup)
23. Hey! Hey! Look at Me (move to the beat)
21. Autumn Leaves – body scale. – make word rhythm with leaf colors
22. Shape Song – draw the shapes on paper plates, and play along with the song
review 17. Dr. Knickerbocker
Sing the song again, but this time, make up your own movements.
For example: (You'll need 5 different ideas)
1. Hey! Hey! Look at me! I am twisting you can see!
2. Hey! Hey! Look at me! I am jumping you can see!
3. Hey! Hey! Look at me! I am swaying you can see!
4. Hey! Hey! Look at me! I am twirling you can see!
5. Hey! Hey! Look at me! I am nodding you can see!
Listen to the song, "Autumn Leaves" and point to the leaves while you listen.
The leaves show how the song goes higher and lower.
Play it again and sing along.
Sing the song, "Autumn Leaves" and show the body scale.
The body scale shows how the notes go higher and lower.
Draw shapes on paper plates to use as an instrument in the "Shape Song"
Hold up the plate when the shape is called for in the song, and tap on the drum with a dowel or a pencil.
If you don't have paper plates, draw the shapes on construction paper or paper.
If you have a printer, you could print the shapes from the Supporting Resources above, cut them out and glue them to a paper plate.
Sing and play along with, "Shape Song"
Use the paper plate instruments you made in the previous activity.