PreK Lesson 38 (updated 2021)
In this lesson, you will
echo fruit rhythms
play Trivia Wheel – one sound or 2 – fruit
#136 “Letter V”, “V is for Victory”
review “Farmer in the Dell”
review #148 “Six Little Ducks”
Review and request Favorite PreK Songs as time permits:
#64 “Elephants Have Wrinkles”
#66. “Baby Shark”
#67. “F – Fin the Fish”
#88 “Go Bananas”
#101 “Sleepy Bunnies”
#111 “One Green Jellybean”
Bear Hunt, Take My Little Car
I can sing and move to music I can play along with music
1 Sing the Hello song
- sing the echoes in the song
2 Do Fruit Rhythms 2
- echo the teacher in the video
3 Play Trivia Wheel - 1 or 2 sounds Fruit
- divide the class into two teams and play the game
4 Sing "Letter V" song
- read the students the Letter V story (worksheet in supporting resources)
- sing the song
5 Learn to sing "V is for Victory!"
- listen to part of the song, then echo
- play the video again and sing along
6 Do the movements with the kids demo
- watch and sing along with the kids demo
7 Optional: Do the Letter V worksheets
- if you have a printer have the students do the worksheets
- if not, invite the children to practice printing V and draw two things that start with V
8 Review "The Farmer in the Dell"
- listen to one verse
- play the video again and sing the whole song
- play the game (cards are in supporting resources if you want to print them and give to students in lieu of children choosing in the game. This saves time and hurt feelings)
9 Review the play along with "Six Little Ducks"
Give half the class shakers and half the class plastic castinets (or sticks).
When you sing the verses, the shakers play.
When you sing "quack quack quack" the castanets play.
10 Review #64 “Elephants Have Wrinkles”
Review and request Favorite PreK Songs: Choose from PreK song list or review the songs that follow.
11 Review #66. “Baby Shark”
12 Review #67. “F - Fin the Fish”
13 Review #88 “Go Bananas”
14 Review #101 “Sleepy Bunnies”
15 Review #111 “One Green Jellybean”
16 Review "Goin' On A Bear Hunt"
Review "Goin' on a Bear Hunt" by playing a verse of the video and then play the video again and sing along.
17 Review "Take My Little Car"
Listen to a verse of "Take My Little Car".
Start the video again and sing along.
Online Resources for Elementary Music Teachers