1 Sing the Hello song
- sing the echoes
- sing the names of students in the blanks
In this lesson you will:
“Welcome to Music”
Echo solfa – d m s in F
#101 “How Many Fingers?” – beat/rhythm, solfa activities
Aviary – listen, respond, worksheet
Review as time permits:
97 “That’s My Mom”
#99 “Oats and Beans and Barley”
La Raspa – dance
- this is the note highlights video, so it illustrates how the pitches go up and down
- pause at the end of each line and echo
Watch the kids in the video play the game "How Many Fingers?"
In-person - space out and play the game.
- if you can't sing, use the recording
- choose a guesser who hides his/her eyes. (Keeps them closed)
- choose a person to hold up 1-5 fingers.
- sing the song
- the guesser guesses how many fingers the volunteer held up
You could add to the challenge, by having the volunteer sing the last line of the song alone. The guesser would have to guess a) who sang and b) how many fingers were held up. I would give the guesser 3 guesses.
Click the link.
In this activity you will figure out how many sounds there are on each beat of the song.
You will show how many sounds using pictures.
In this activity you will figure out how many sounds there are on each beat of the song. You will show how many sounds using notes.
- use your responder to show how the melody goes higher and lower.
- you can watch the teacher on the video for ideas
- other options might include moving scarves, riboons, a stretchy band or a parachute to the music