Grade 4 Lesson 15
Listening and Responding
In this lesson, you will:
- warm up by clapping or playing rhythms with Overture
- choose between interactive holiday activities OR review December songs and activities.
- sing solfa patterns to decorate the house
- clap rhythms to decorate the tree
- compare and contrast two performances of “Sugar Plum Fairy”
Review and Request Option:
- #38 “Yesh li Yadiyim” – review song and movement
- review the “Jingle Bells” cup game
- review the hand clap pattern to go with “We Wish You a Merry Christmas”
- review “Hallelujah Chorus” – if you have the DVD “Handel’s Last Chance” this would be a great time to watch it
- I can sing and move to music.
- I can read rhythm and melody patterns.
- I can create movement to music.
1 Warmup by Clapping or Playing the Rhythms with "Overture from the Nutcracker"
Warmup by clapping or playing the rhythms with "Overture from the Nutcracker".
2 Interactive Option: Sing solfa patterns to decorate the house
Interactive Option: Sing solfa patterns to decorate the house.
3 Interactive Option: Clap or say rhythm patterns to decorate the tree
Interactive Option: Clap or say rhythm patterns to decorate the tree.
4 Interactive Option: Compare and Contrast Two Performances of Sugar Plum Fairy
Interactive option: compare and contrast two performances of Sugar Plum Fairy.
5 Review the Cup Pattern with "Jingle Bells" (Instructions)
Review the cup pattern with "Jingle Bells" (instructions).
If you don't have a cup, you could use a water bottle or any small object that you can pick up.
During the pandemic, we won't pass the cup - we'll just do the pattern.
6 Review the Cup Play Along with "Jingle Bells"
Review the cup play along with "Jingle Bells".
7 Watch the "Jingle Bells" Cup Game Under Black Lights
Watch the "Jingle Bells" Cup Game under Black Lights.
8 Review #38 "Yesh Li Yadiyim"
Review #38 "Yesh Li Yadiyim".
9 Review the Movement for #38 "Yesh Li Yadiyim"
Review the movement for #38 "Yesh Li Yadiyim"
10 Review the George Frideric Handel Video
Review the George Frideric Handel video.
11 Sing Along with "Messiah" by Handel
Sing along with "Messiah" by Handel.
12 Review the Hand Clap Pattern to go with "We Wish You a Merry Christmas"
Review the hand clap pattern to go with "We Wish You a Merry Christmas".
Review the 3 patterns, then do the Hand Clap Game.
Here's Pattern 1-2-3.
13 Do the Hand Clap Game with the Song "We Wish You a Merry Christmas"
Do the clap game with the song "We Wish You a Merry Christmas".
14 Watch a Black Light Performance of the Hand Clap Game
Watch a black light performance of the hand clap game.
Online Resources for Elementary Music Teachers