Grade 2 Lesson 36 (updated 2021)
In this lesson you will
- “Hello Song” – sing echoes
- “Skateboard Rider” – sing, move to music
- play along with body percussion
- play the Classroom Instrument Bingo game
- play the Trivia Wheel game
- sing campfire songs
- #94 “Goin’ on a Picnic” – read, sing, create and illustrate verses
- #93 “Swimming” – sing along, do actions with song
- I can sing and move to music.
- I can create new verses for a song.
- I can identify the timbre of instruments.
1 Sing the "Hello Song"
Sing the echoes.
This version has no names.
2 Listen and Move to the Song "Skateboard Rider"
Listen to the "Skateboard Rider" song.
Make up fun movements to go with the song.
3 Do Body Percussion
Do the body percussion shown in the video.
4 Play the Classroom Instrument Bingo Game
Divide the class into 2 teams or play teacher vs. students.
5 Play the Trivia Wheel Game
This game is to review dynamics symbols.
6 CAMPFIRE SONGS!
This week we’ll sing some songs that you could sing around the campfire or on a car trip.
7 Read the Lyrics to #94 "Goin' on a Picnic"
Read the lyrics for #94 "Goin on a Picnic".
8 Sing the Song #94 "Goin' on a Picnic"
Watch the video and sing all the echo parts!
9 Create New Verses for #94 "Goin' on a Picnic" and Illustrate Them!
Use the worksheet from Supporting Resources.
Save paper and ink by using paper you already have!
Create a new verse for #94 "Goin on a Picnic" then draw and colour it.
What would you like to have if you went on a picnic today?
10 Listen to #93 "Swimming" and Sing Along
Listen to one verse of song #93 "Swimming".
Play the video again and sing along.
11 Watch the Kids Demo Video for #93 "Swimming"
Watch the Kids Demo video for #93 "Swimming" and do the actions with the class.
Online Resources for Elementary Music Teachers