In this lesson you will
- warmup your voice and review fast/slow, quiet, high/low with the chant, “Boom Chicka Boom”
- sing and move to songs in the Healthy Habits Unit – “Wash Your Hands”, “Stay Apart”
- use a variety of tempos in the Tempo Activity
- review “Mama Don’t Allow” and play spoons with the song
- Complete the Staff Lesson and play the Note Name Memory Game
- practice half and whole note rhythms by playing “Which Rhythm do you Hear?
- Review #3. “Little Tommy Tinker” – read/clap rhythms, sing, do movements
- I can sing and move to music
- I can read notes and rhythms
- I can perform music at a variety of tempos
1 Echo the chant, "Boom Chicka Boom"
Echo the chant, "Boom Chicka Boom"
While you are echoing, can you make up 8 beats of body percussion to go with it?
For example: pat, pat, clap, clap, snap left 2x, snap right 2x
2 Sing the song, "Wash Your Hands"
Sing the song, "Wash Your Hands"
If you sing this twice each time you wash your hands, you'll wash for 20 seconds - long enough to kill germs.
3 Sing and move to the song, "Stay Apart"
Sing and move to the song, "Stay Apart"
Notice how the tempo changes.
4 Practice rhythm reading at different tempos
Practice rhythm reading at different tempos.
Try exercise 2, 3 or 4 and choose the tempos to try.
5 Complete the staff lesson
Review the activities in the staff lesson from lesson 1.
Complete the staff lesson and do all the interactive activities.
6 Play the Note Name Memory Game
Play the Note Name Memory Game
Try all of level 1. For more of a challenge, try level 2.
7 Review the song, "Mama Don't Allow" and try playing along with spoons
Review the song, "Mama Don't Allow" and try playing along with spoons
8 Play the game "Which Rhythm do you Hear?" Level 2
Play the game "Which Rhythm do you Hear?" Level 2
It is game #5 in the games list.
9 Review the song, "Little Tommy Tinker"
Review the song, "Little Tommy Tinker"
This time when you sing, sing in unison the first time, then try part 2.
10 Do the movements for "Little Tommy Tinker" with the kids.
Do the movements for "Little Tommy Tinker" with the kids.
Sing along, and try either part 1 or part 2.
Online Resources for Elementary Music Teachers