In this lesson you will
- “Hello Song” – sing
- perform and create body percussion
- “Skateboard Rider” – learn the song
- #159 “See Saw” – sing, learn song in solfa, create movement, story
- #160 “Uptown Zoo” – play a homemade shaker to the song
- “Elephants” from “Carnival of the Animals” – listen, move to the music
- #157 “Listen to the Water” – review song and movement
- #156 “Watch Our Garden Grow” – review song, create movement
3 Create your own body percussion
Cut out the 8 cards given in Supporting Resources, or draw your own.
Use them to create 4-beat or 8-beat body percussion patterns.
If students can't snap yet, tell them to "rub" their thumb and 3rd finger together, or leave out the snap.
6 Learn the solfa for song #159 "See Saw"
Solfa is the way that singers use to name notes.
Echo the singer in the video to learn #159 "See Saw" in solfa.
8 Watch the Kids Demo video of #159 "See Saw"
Watch the Kids Demo video.
The students in the video thought up new ways to move to the song.
If you have a partner at home, make your own movements to the song.
9 Listen to the "See Saw" story in the video
Listen to the "See Saw" story video.
Each time the see saw song comes in the story, sing along.
10 Watch the video for #160 "Uptown Zoo"
Play the video for the song #160 "Uptown Zoo".
Can you dance along with the music?
Do you have a homemade shaker?
Can you play along with the music?
Can you play and dance?
11 Listen to "Elephants" from "Carnival of the Animals"
What animals were there in the #160 "Uptown Zoo" song?
Listen to "Elephants" from "Carnival of the Animals".
Do the elephants move slow or fast?
14 Review song #156 "Watch Our Garden Grow"
Review the song.
Make up movements to go with the song.
Slow down the song with the "gear wheel" in the bottom right corner of the video.