Grade 3 Lesson 37 (updated 2021)
In this lesson, you will:
sing the Hello Song
Rhythm Play along (10-1)
Classroom Instrument Bingo
Trivia Wheel – About the staff game, dynamics
“Come on Dance”
#35 “On Top of Spaghetti”
review #54 “Yummy Yum Yum”
review #62 “Austrian Went Yodelling”
I can sing and move to music I can tell what dynamics symbols mean I can tell the parts of the staff
1 Sing the Hello song
- sing the echoes
2 Play along with the rhythm
- choose instruments, body percussion, or desk drumming to play the rhythms
3 Play Trivia Wheel game - About the staff
- divide the class into 2 teams and play the game
4 Play the Trivia Wheel - Dynamics game
- divide into two games to play Dynamics on the Trivia Wheel
5 Create movements to "Come on Dance"
- space students out in a circle
- the teacher creates a movement and everyone copies it
- whenever the teacher likes, point to student on your right who becomes the next leader
- when leader #2 has had a turn, they point to the person on their right who becomes the next leader
The song is usually long enough for everyone to get one turn.
6 CAMPFIRE SONGS!
This week we’ll sing some songs that you could sing around the campfire or on a car trip.
7 Review #35 “On Top of Spaghetti”
Review #35 “On Top of Spaghetti”
8 Review "Yummy Yum Yum"
Review "Yummy Yum Yum" and sing the responses with the video.
9 Review the "Austrian Went Yodeling"
Review "Austrian Went Yodeling." Play the video again and sing along!
10 Watch The Kids Demo For "Austrian Went Yodeling"
Watch the kids demo for "Austrian Went Yodeling."
Online Resources for Elementary Music Teachers