In this lesson you will
- sing and move to songs in the Healthy Habits Unit – “Wash Your Hands”, “Stay Apart”
- use a variety of tempos in a song
- Complete the Staff Lesson and play the Note Name Memory Game
- learn song #6. Chester – listen, sing, learn movements
- practice half and whole note rhythms by playing “Which Rhythm do you Hear?
- I can sing and move to music
- I can read notes on the staff
- I can perform music at a variety of tempos
1 Sing the song, "Wash Your Hands"
Sing the song, "Wash Your Hands"
If you sing this twice each time you wash your hands, you'll wash for 20 seconds - long enough to kill germs.
2 Sing and move to the song, "Stay Apart"
Sing and move to the song, "Stay Apart"
Notice how the tempo changes.
3 Practice rhythm reading at different tempos
Practice rhythm reading at different tempos.
Try exercise 2, 3 or 4 and choose the tempos to try.
4 Complete the staff lesson
Review the activities in the staff lesson from lesson 1.
Complete the staff lesson and do all the interactive activities.
5 Play the Note Name Memory Game
Play the Note Name Memory Game
Try all of level 1. For more of a challenge, try level 2.
6 Name the notes in the song, "Chester"
Name the notes in the song, "Chester"
Play the song and listen to the melody.
7 learn song #6 "Chester " and do the movements
Listen to the song.
Play the video again and sing along.
8 Sing the song "Chester " and do the movements
Sing the song "Chester " along with the kids and do the actions with them.
Do you remember the tempo terms from the song, "Stay Apart?"
The tempo in "Chester" changes on each repetitions just like the "Stay Apart" song!
9 Play the game "Which Rhythm do you Hear?" Level 2
Play the game "Which Rhythm do you Hear?" Level 2
It is game #5 in the games list.
Online Resources for Elementary Music Teachers