In this lesson, you will:
Review “Sleepy Bunnies”
Review “One Green Jellybean”
#124 “Bubble Gum” – sing (listen), play game, interactives, manipulatives
#125 “Kids are Cool” – sing and move
review. #130 “Old Mr. Rabbit” – sing, play game, story
4 Listen and sing song #124 “Bubble Gum”
Watch and listen to the lyrics movie for the song.
Play the video again and sing along.
Listen one more time and show how the sounds move high and low with your hands.
6 Optional: Pointing Page for "Bubble Gum"
Optional: If you are in-person and have a copier, this is a useful manipulative to develop beat as well as left to right tracking.
Have students tap on the beats as they sing the song.
If you have "pointy fingers" or a pointer to use students will enjoy this activity even more.
7 Point to the Beat - Virtually
Song Used: #124 Bubble Gum
Beat and Rhythm Interactive Activities
Try the following interactive activities with this song:
1. Point to the Beat - Play the song in the top left corner and point to the beat while you sing.
2. Beat Chart - Click the hearts to turn off some of the beats. Sing words on those beats in your head.
3. Clap the words - sing the song and clap the words
6. How many sounds are on each beat?
- students can do this activity on devices if they are ready
- or - you may want the students to do this activity phrase by phrase with manipulatives like hearts and craft sticks.
8 Use manipulatives to create the patterns in "Bubble Gum"
- If you did the interactive for 1 sound or 2 sounds on a beat, you could try creating the patterns for the Bubble Gum song with manipulatives.
- Give each child the page of sounds on a beat and have them cut them out.
- Clap and sing/say the first 4 beats (Bubble gum, bubble gum)
- Then figure out if the beat had 1 or 2 sounds and show the pattern.
- Bubble= 2 sounds. gum=1 sound
- continue clapping patterns from the song and have students create them with the manipulatives
9 Watch and listen to the lyrics movie for #125 "Kids are Cool"
Listen to song #125 "Kids are Cool" and think of ways to keep a beat with the song.
- tap your knees
- tap your head
How many ways can you think of to keep a beat?
10 Copy the movements for "Kids are Cool"
In this video Miss Danece shows some fun movements to do with the song.
(Yes - this is a new Miss Danece!)
Try the movements!
Simplify as needed.
11 Review the singing game, "Old Mr. Rabbit"
- listen to the song
- play the video again and sing along
Play the game: Line the children up on one side of the room. They are the little “bunnies.” On every second beat they take one small hop closer to you, the “farmer.” At the end of the song, the farmer “shoos” the bunnies out of the garden.